Juba, South Sudan – Samaritan’s Purse (SP) has been working full time in South Sudan since 1997. During the war, the main office was located in Nairobi, Kenya. As of July 2011, Juba is the country office while Nairobi will provide logistical and financial support.
The Deputy Country Director (DCD) is responsible to assist the Country Director (CD) in activities that promote the success of field programs and staff development. Management responsibilities include
government and donor relations, program design and implementation, grants, budgets, daily field operations, and field staff support.
• Work with the CD to create and articulate a clear vision and strategy for SP in the field.
• Perform field assessments, identify needs, and design appropriate response programs in coordination with the CD and area Program Managers (PM).
• Make periodic visits to SP field sites to provide field staff support, address programmatic challenges, and explore potential program possibilities.
• Assist in writing proposals, creating budgets, and planning new activities.
• Maintain organizational and operational policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse.
• Prepare and submit monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the CD.
• Monitor financial accountability, and ensure systems
Category: Jobs in Sudan